So you want to start working out but joining a health club can be expensive, or you just don’t have time to go to the gym. We have the perfect solution for you. If you do a little research you can see that working out from home is almost the same as going to the gym. Yes, you don’t have the gym equipment at home but they are some exercises you can try doing which will give you many benefits. Here is how you can work out from home with no equipment.
Cause even with no equipment you can burn calories and build muscles. Some of the many benefits of exercising besides controlling your weight are that it combats health conditions and diseases, improves your mood, boosts your energy, promotes better sleep, etc. We can also recommend some apps that can help you start working out at home. There are also different types of exercises that you need to know before you start. So here are some common types of exercises:
- Cardio– anything that makes you breathe faster than usual and raises your heart rate is considered cardio.
- Strength training: Any type of activity that uses resistance to build muscle, for example, using your body weight has many benefits.
- Flexibility and mobility training- exercises focused on improving the range of motion (flexibility) and active range of motion during movement (mobility)
- HIIT (high-intensity interval training)- consists of an intense burst of exercise followed by intervals aimed at keeping your heart rate paramount.
Don’t overwork yourself while you work out from home with no equipment.
First thing before we start please remember to not overdo yourself. Yes “no pain no gain” but don’t overdo yourself. Try to make yourself more active but don’t exercise when you are in pain. It might be hard for the first few months when you start exercising but once you get the hang of it it will become a habit and you will push yourself even harder in the workouts. Like we said please don’t overdo yourself mistakes can happen and with mistakes injures can happen.
So to prevent those happening you can also search common exercise mistakes to get the best of the workout. Whereas for a result there is a common saying “ it takes two weeks to feel the change, four weeks to see it and eight weeks for others to notice it”. So just stick to easy exercises first then by the time you will get stronger and will be able to focus on harder workouts.
We have prepared some exercises for different body parts for you:
-First, you can start by doing 10/15 crunches, and as days go by try adding another set.
-Hold a Planks from 20 seconds first then as time goes by try holding it for 60 seconds and repeat it three times.
-Try and do the mountain Climbers exercise for at least a minute.
-Do a Bird dog on each side of your body and repeat it for 5 reps, 10 reps in total.
-Hold a Glute Bridge for 30 seconds.
-Do a regular squat and hold it for 3/5 seconds. Next, do 3 sets and 12 reps of each but don’t rest between reps.
– Do 3 sets of 12 reps of jumping squats and remember to not take breaks between the jumps.
– Try to do Lunge jumps for 1 minute
– Do 3 reps of Single leg bridge on each leg.
-Do a total set of Diamond push-ups for 30 seconds.
– Do Arm rotation for 3 to 4 minutes in each direction.
-Hold a plank for 30 seconds.
– Do plank ups for 15 seconds.
-Do Jumping jacks for 60 seconds.
You can also download workout apps or start watching YouTube videos since there are plenty of them. Many people have had a long journey and have achieved and learned a lot. So you can learn from them. They can be your inspiration for you to start working even harder. That’s the key to work out from home with no equipment.
We have also prepared some workout apps if you are unsure of what app works and you don’t want to waste time looking for one. We have also mentioned the pros and cons of each app so you can choose which one you prefer the most or think would be the most helpful for you:
- Adidas Training and Running by Runtastic-pros: A great range of free content, clear audio direction, can create custom workouts. Cons: lacks motivational coaching.
- Nike Training Club- pros: completely free to use, easy casting to TVs, highly customizable. Cons: workouts must be downloaded.
- Asana Rebel- pros: create your daily plans, huge choice of workouts, beautifully designed. Cons: Assumes you want to lose weight.
- Aaptiv –pros: motivational coaches, no need to use a screen, huge choice of workouts. Cons: rather expensive.
These apps can be found in these platforms: Android, iPhone, Apple Watch.